Happy Birthday Sister!

     Hello Everyone.  I hope your weekend is going well.  Hot and in the 80s here today.  I am feeling guilty for not being outdoors enjoying this sunny weather, but other things have priority.  Instead I find myself indoors cooking up a storm of meals and heatin up the house.  Go figure, right?  Lol.
     Recently my sister had an upcoming birthday where she was turning 50.  I wanted to make her something special, unforgettable, crazy and funny...... did alot of thinking of the "special" birthday card.  After much thought, I finally decided to step outside my normal cardmaking box and take on a project of taking the Head Over Heels Mini Album as my Sister's birthday card.
     I spent hours staring at the mini album wondering and pondering as to what I was going to do with it.  Yikes!  What was I getting myself into.  I had thoughts of there was no way I was going to pull off completing this project..... I just wasn't feeling it at times while I tried to assemble it.   But I kept going and seeking out for that special look I wanted to put in card for my sister.
      I dug through my stamps hoping something was going to jump out or trigger a spark to jump start my creativity again.  Well, when I got to the AI Girlfriends collection, I knew I had found my starting point!  There was several stamps from the AI Girlfriend collection that personalized things in common with my sister...... java mamas/Starbucks; workouts; extremely fun tubing trip; etc.  Well, I guess enough chit chatting ..... time to reveal my newest masterpiece......





     I apologize for camera being out of focus.  I think it has a mind of its own.  But, even with it being out of focus,  I was able to catch a detail that had been overlooked.   I fixed it before it was mailed out but forgot to take a updated picture for the blog.  What I fixed was the camera view window that had the message from an inside page instead of what I wanted it to be.  I wanted it to show 50 in that view finder spot.   I kinda went alittle overboard on the cover of the mini album card with doing the over the hill/ old as dirt accents.  Note to self.... do not go overboard with them next time.  lol.
     All in all, I had a blast working on this once I dug in and started to put it together page by page.  I was not going to allow this multi page mini album to get the best of me...lol. 
     The part of the mini album that has a see through section... I wanted it to be a shaker filled with birthday deco;  there are three sections to the shaker.... the outer layers have Happy Birthday pieces that face the correct directions, and then the middle section between the Happy Birthday sections is filled with party hats, balloons, and mini birthday cakes.  I thought the 3 layers of shaker would make it more interesting and attempted to give it more dimension layers since it was a rather large area to be working with.
     Now that my first mini album is done, I can say it was a huge challenge for me and there were times I did struggle with it ... and now sitting back and looking it over, there are some things I wished I would have done differently,  But all in all, pretty happy with what I did and proud of myself for the completed project.
     Thank you for stopping in to visit.  Hope you enjoyed my newest masterpiece. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen In Time

Birthday Greetings