Retro Birthday Wishes

HI everyone.  It been a rather wet weekend, so I guess it makes it perfect for some card making I needed to do for several more birthdays both past and present.  I am first posting the past birthday that I somehow forgot to get a card out to a girlfriend who was turning the big 50.  I was stumped on what to make her for this special birthday....... cute, funny, or ...... hmmm uncertain on what I wanted it to be.  I started going through some of my stamps and ran across one that kind of jumped right out at me...... almost a pick me, pick me  kind of thing.  lol.   The stamp of choice is the La La Land Retro Marci.  Yep, right then and there a plan came together and I went for it.  I stamped up the Retro Marci and started coloring away with the colored pencils.   While sitting back, relaxing and coloring away,  I gave some thoughts on what it was I wanted the sentiments to be on this belated card.  I decided on the inside of the card about this card being fashionably late.
So here is the finished card

I decided on a smaller size card than I normally do.  I wanted to keep it fairly simple because of mailing purposes.  Card is made up with a white cardstock base, two layers of pink lightweight cardstock, and a designer paper I had within my stash. Stamp is Retro Marci from the La La Land Crafts Company.  I added a Happy Birthday bright pink ribbon as an embellishment that I had in my stash. I think the ribbon was a mini roll I got from Michael's Store. 
I hope you like it.  Thank you for stopping in to visit and view my latest creation. 
I hope you have a happy and scrappy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frozen In Time

Birthday Greetings